Hi my loves! I posted my breakfast on IG stories and you guys freaked out for the recipe, so here you go! This meal is gluten and dairy free, which is perfect if you’re looking to chill on the G and D after the holidays. The bread I used is grain free, made of almond and coconut flour, and it definitely isn’t exactly like real bread, but it gets the job done. It also isn’t vegan because it has egg in it, so I pulled out my other favorite gluten free bread to share that IS vegan, which adds a really great flavor to this dish if you’re into sourdough. And this almond milk cream cheese I used…you will dieeee. So so good. Hubby hates onion anything, so I buy him the plain version and that’s also really really good if chive isn’t your thing!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 pieces of bread (whatever you like, I used the Julian Bakery Paleo Bread, but I also love the Cook’s GF Sourdough). You could also go for Ezekiel if you aren’t GF!
- 1/2 a large avocado
- Dairy free cream cheese (I used Kite Hill Chive)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- crunchy sea salt
WHAT YOU DO:
- Toast the bread.
- While toasting, mash the avocado with the juice of 1/2 a lemon in a bowl
- Spread the avo mixture on the toast when it’s toasty.
- Spoon 2 generous scoops of the DF cream cheese and plop one onto each bread slice.
- Sprinkle with crunchy sea salt.
- Eat it!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe that you could eat pretty much any time of the day!