Hi guys!!!!!!!!! Whew! I think this is the LONGEST I’ve ever gone without posting and I’ve missed you tremendously! I’ve been running around like crazy and it’s funny because whenever I’m doing a bunch of stuff without blogging it, I just think about how excited I am to get back and powwow with you on all the recent happenings! So last week, I was in NYC for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and a week of media meetings to launch our new probiotic water drink coming out in February! We introduced/previewed the drink at the VSFS, and it will officially be available exclusively in Target stores beginning in February. I will give you all the drink specs when it comes out so you can learn all about it! This is my third year attending the show + backstage + afterparty and, per usual, it did not disappoint! If you’ve been here with me for a while, you remember that last year the show was in London, which was incredibly fun and beautiful, but NYC just feels quintessentially VS and it was so nice to be back.
I get soooooo many questions about the experience and what it’s really like on show day. I spent all morning/day backstage while they get ready chatting with them and observing the makeup and hair magic, so here are some takeaways that may or may not surprise you:
1) The models really do have incredible skin. Each and every one of them have baby smooth crystal clear skin. I don’t know if it’s a routine facial situation they are doing weeks in advance, but it’s kind of amazing and I’m kind of jealous.
2) The angels eat. And I’m not talking a morsel of food, I’m talking full plates, granola bars, juices, chocolate, etc. They have sandwiches, fruit, and snacks backstage and they all eat substantial meals throughout the day despite the fact they are about to walk onstage practically naked for national television a few hours later. It’s awesome.
3) They all have fake hair. There are pounds of hair pieces backstage that are glued into each and every models hair. A lot of them start with great heads of hair, but the VS look is voluminous and overflowing waves so they add the extra hair to make it extra full and achieve that look.
4) The makeup is natural. When you see an angel’s completed makeup look, believe it or not, it’s not caked on. They like it to be incredibly natural and ethereal. There’s not 40 layers of foundation and airbrushed eye makeup. It’s all glowy, bronzy, and healthy.
5) They have fun and are super laid back. I think if I were in their position, I might be just a liiiiiiitle nervous. But, backstage they are laughing all day, smiling, hanging out, eating, and just generally chill. They are obviously pros at their job and understand how to maintain composure and carry themselves with poise. Not a nervous breakdown or anxiety attack in sight.
6) They’re really really tall. The supermodel height thing is real and their legs are incredibly long. I had a few jaw open moments in awe of how long some of their legs are.
So now that I’m home, let’s just get right to it! Because it’s been so long since I’ve blogged, I have a ton of photos, so my apols for the camera dump…
Dinner at one of my favorite NYC spots, Quality Meats. If there’s any time to eat a steak, it’s here.
Celebrating my girlfriends engagement (!!!!!) at the Rose Bar
Bag baby caught in the rainBackstage
The gorgeous show finale
The most amazing salmon sashimi with garlic oil and truffles on top at Nobu…you guys know how I feel about truffles…
Dinner at Jack’s Wife Freda
Oh how I love NYC!!! This time of year when the holiday windows are starting to appear and the air is crisp and cool is so festive and cozy in the city. I hope you guys enjoyed a peek inside the VS Fashion Show and if you have any questions leave below! I missed you all and hope you have had a wonderful week! Tell me your holiday plans!